she protecc, she attacc, but most of all, she bacc!
i’m very happy to be back to blogging! i have so many new ideas for posts, and i’m feeling very positive about this all! i’ve been kinda busy while i was gone? so here’s a recap. (i’m going to try and not talk about books in this post because i want to a do a separate bookish recap soon)
one week break
I had a one week break from school in which i was unproductive and procrastinated by:
- More twitter
- More youtube
I’d like to say it’s only because I’m fasting (not eating from sunrise to sunset. 18 hours = no food or water!) that I’m getting zero things done. I obviously have low amounts of energy throughout the day, but honestly? Sitting down to do homework, reading, or studying for exams only requires MENTAL energy. Like, brain power. And I’ve just been slacking in EVERYTHING.
I’ll often read posts about people being “workaholics” and they can’t STOP working and while I’m sure it must feel terrible to feel you must always feel productive, I sometimes wish I WAS a workaholic. At least then I’d get stuff DONE instead of always feeling stressed I haven’t done anything and then procrastinating for as many days as I can. I am actually the opposite of a workaholic. I just…procrastinate. All the time. I currently have SO many things to do and have I done any of them? NO.
okay i knew who jameela jamil was but I’d never actually paid attention to her. Honestly, now knowing about what she does + her I WEIGH campaign, I’m kinda obsessed with her. I genuinely believe the world needs more amazing people like her. She’s an advocate for equality, and for body positivity. I love how articulate she is about issues, and how she leads very nuanced and important discussions.
ramadan + cooking
Okay so the month of Ramadan is nearly over and honestly, this year fasting has been lowkey very hard. I find that I normally eat when I’m bored but I can’t even do that anymore so what am I supposed to do with my life? But I think fasting reminds of how much I snack on foods. I can’t wait to go back to normal eating though!!
Anyways to get me through the last hour of the fast I cook food. Honestly I haven’t done anything WILD. I’ve cooked falafel, a vegetarian dish, and I am in love with it. Everyone in my family seems to like it which feels great! Other than that, I’ve been baking cookies…which haven’t always turned out the best but I’m trying new things all the time. I really like cooking while fasting because I get to be surrounded by food and it passes the time very quickly.
I’m in love with watching spoken word on youtube. The power that slam poetry conveyes in a performance makes me feel so inspired. Some of my recent favourites include perfect, what guys should look for in girls and, explaining my depression to my mother! (pls watch them all. you WILL NOT regret it!!)
In May, I had 2 very important exams which totals to sitting 4 papers. This was my first time taking REAL REAL exams, and I honestly wasn’t THAT stressed out. I felt lots of dread about revision and doing the exams, but all in all I think they went okay? I’m not a perfectionist so I don’t really care if I don’t get the best grades but I hope I did well! Anyways, I get my grades in August so! Here’s to me doing well!
My birthday is coming up (June 10th) so here’s a shameless plug to my amazon wishlist! it’d honestly mean a lot to me if you got me a book from here but no pressure at the same time! https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2YBOFAVID7RMD?ref_=wl_share
- I love the colour yellow SO MUCH.
- I’m creating a private twitter account!
- I wrote an article about muslim voices rise up about he to be a better muslim ally!
- Twirling pages followed me on twitter I am DEAD. I have loved her blog + youtube channel for so long and now she followed me? Like lol am i supposed to be okay??
- This has been on my mind a lot lately but I just realised in other countries, that are not the UK, they don’t learn about religions? Like it’s not part of the curriculum which is WILD. if you don’t know, in the UK we do religious studies where we have to learn about two religions, one of them being Christianity. And I realised…other countries don’t HAVE that. Which is honestly pretty bad? It kinda explains why some people are so ignorant, and spew hate, because they’ve been taught nothing. Anyways, educate yourself people!
- i’m celebrating eid tomorrow but EID MUBARAK!!!
- i might have made a new goodreads account. (and i oop)
i think that’s all for this recap! please tell me how you are and what you’ve been up to. love you all so much!
eternally counting down the days until queen of nothing releases,