I can’t believe its the last month of summer…at this point, the seasons have all blurred together and nothing feels real anymore.
Anyways, onto the august recap!
(all hyperlinks take you to my Goodreads review!)
I read 8 books in July which I’m not too sad about! I recognise that I have one month until sixth form and my reading life goes down the drain…so I really want to read more since I have so much free time!!
I also read predominantly contemporary books…which is so unlike me but I think it’s the lack of brain cells. 🙂 I also predominantly read books by white authors in July so I’m hoping to read more diversely in August!
Starry Eyes by Jen Bennet ★★★★☆ // Did I read a 400+ page book in one sitting and finish at 2am? Yes. this is a childhood friends to lovers to enemies to lovers (and the boy-next-door trope) like what is there not to love? I found myself giggling and smiling a lot throughout the whole book.
Beach Read by Emily Henry ★★★★.5 // this was my immediate reaction to finishing this book: THIS WAS REALLY SAD AND I CRIED AND IT WAS ALSO REALLY SWEET AND BEAUTIFUL AND THE ROMANCE WAS CHEFF’S KISS AND I HAVE BEEN HAVING A BREAKDOWN OVER THESE CHARACTERS THE ENTIRE DAY. sooo,,, yeah. 😗✌️ this could’ve been bumped up to a five stars but the fact is that the day after finishing and onwards, i didn’t think of this book at all. I nearly forgot I read it so??
The Art of Feeling by Laura Tims ★★★★.5 // This is honestly a new favourite. (i can’t believe I’m saying this about a YA contemporary,,,) but this WAS SO GOOD and the entire thing bought me equal amounts of pain and happiness so 🙂
We Are Okay by Nina LaCour ★★★★☆ // We Are Okay is a book that slowly creeps up on you and by the end you’re left a sobbing mess. In many ways, this novel was extremely cathartic for me and I’m so glad I read it.
You Exist Too Much by Zaina Arafat ★☆☆☆☆// this book is just the main character getting into like literally 7 new different relationships + tons of cheating + lots of questionable things + no plot whatsoever + loads of events happening but never being talked about again + so many characters and love interests that i lost count
The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie Sue Hitchcock★★ ☆☆☆ // this wasn’t necessarily a terrible book. I just…didn’t care…i was bored.
The Flatshare by Beth O’ Leary ★★★☆☆ // this is one of those awkward 3 star ratings. up until 70% of this book i was POSITIVELY LOVING THIS BOOK. i was ready to write my 4 star gushing review of how much this book made me laugh, but also caused me pain, and how sweet it could be. then when i finished, i felt…let down.
I was gonna do a book haul section when I realised I received 0 books this month 😦
🌻VOTE FOR ME!🌻
May @ Forever and Everly and Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books are hosting the 2020 book blogging awards! We are now in the second round (where you vote for people via the form I made it into two categories: best personality and best writing voice!! Which I’m so happy about!! You don’t have to nominate me at all, but please do check out the form and vote for your favourite bloggers. This is such a great way to support bloggers ❤
- -I watched Season 1 of Euphoria…and while I had to skip many scenes, I thought it was an enjoyable series.
- -I started watching Legend of Korra and,, while season 1 was good, Season 2 is a struggle and I’m not loving any of the characters that much.
- -Results day is in about two weeks and I’m SO 🙂 STRESSED 🙂 OUT 🙂 especially because of the way grading is happening this year. There’s no way I am getting the grades I want which, really, really sucks.
- -Eid happened! I went out to a restaurant (The lockdown in the UK has eased but honestly, I don’t think it was a good idea to open restaurants and cafes again? There were just so many people in close proximity there) It was actually a really enjoyable day and peaceful. And in the evening, there was a beautiful sunset.
- -To be fair I’ve just been feeling super unmotivated and did no sixth form work like I needed to,,, and I just need someone to FORCE me to do it because soon there will be no time left.
- -Taylor’s new album, Folklore, was released and I have been listening to it on repeat!!
🌻GOALS FROM JULY🌻
- -read 10 books (and make at LEAST 3 be on your non-ya TBR) ❌
- -continue watching dark and watch one other movie/start one other series ✅
- -drink a waterbottle everyday✅
- -start doing a chloe ting work out everyday!❌
- -try out yoga ❌
- -do the reading rush! (follow me on twitter if you want to see my TBR for the reading rush!)✅
- -complete sf work in preparation ❌
- Basically July sucked.
🌻GOALS FOR AUGUST 🌻
- -research about driving education!!
- -DO SIXTH FORM WORK I SWEAR I WILL MURDER U IF U DON’T
- -cry about results day
- -ENROL IN COLLEGE WTF (this is not a goal, because its going to happen but still)
- -do the nostalgiathon!! And try and read at least ¾ of your TBR
- -read more books by authors of colour!!!
I hope you guys had a good July and tell me your reading plans for August!!
hi!! my name is ilsa and i am 16 year old British-pakistani teen that loves to read, write & listen to music!
- blog: https://awhisperofink.wordpress.com/2
- goodreads: https://goodreads.com/ilsa_13
- instagram: https://instagram.com/awhisperofink/
- twitter: https://twitter.com/ari_dante13
- amazon wishlist: https://amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2YBOFAVID7RMD?ref_=wl_share