June…honestly went way too fast I didn’t even realise it was the end of June and now it’s July Anyways, this was a pretty uneventful month since we’re all still social distancing!
(all hyperlinks take you to my Goodreads review!)
I read 16 books in May!! And then in June, I read a measly 5. Honestly, I felt really slumpy in June and didn’t read anything too heavy/that required brain-cells so, yeah. I’m hoping in July I can read at least 10 books!
Serpent & Dove ★★★★☆ // is this book absolutely ridiculous? yes, definitely. did i still have a really, really fun time reading this and was entertained every second? ALSO YES.
The Winner’s Kiss (#3) ★★★.5 // i really love kestrel and arin and this book bought me a lot of emotional pain (thanks marie rutkoski) but, i don’t care that much about the action scenes/the politics in this entire series. Sorry.
Darius The Great Is Not Okay ★☆☆☆☆ // Biggest disappointment of the year. The writing was dry, Darius’s narration annoyed me, and the whole book felt very unnecessary.
The Book Of Dust ★★★★☆ // I FINALLY READ THIS AFTER TWO YEARS OF PROCRASTINATION!! It was a very solid, enjoyable read but sometimes I felt the story lost its direction.
You Deserve Each Other ★★★★★ (re-read) // This book!! I am physically incapable of doing anything but think about Nicholas and Naomi!! I am a You Deserve Each Other Stan before I am a person!! Cutest softest lovers to enemies to lovers second chance romance ever!!
I got The Dark Vault from my wishlist (thank you so much @ Zoe) for my birthday and I’m so, so grateful. This is a bound up of two books and I’m so excited to read. (I don’t know much but i heard creepy libraries and I’m so down)
- The Quiet Pond – sapphic book recommendations
- The Book Dragons Net – most underrated books in high fantasy
- Drizzle and Hurricane – Is book blogger’s work really valued?
- Marshmallow Harmonies – Aristotle and Dante Book Review
- Forever and Everly – qpoc recommendations
- Pages Left Unread – A Discussion on Anti-Blackness in the community
🌻VOTE FOR ME!🌻
Also! May @ Forever and Everly and Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books are hosting the 2020 book blogging awards! You can nominate me for Best Teen Blogger or BEST PERSONALITY because I’m amazing. (You don’t have to nominate me and if you do you can nominate me for whatever you want!! Also please read the rules in the post and try and stick to them!)
- Though I still have been mostly socially distancing I did go to the park a few times and it was very nice to just get ice cream / other food!
- I watched Avatar The Last Airbender and if you don’t follow me on Twitter then you won’t know that I AM obsessed with this show. I watched this with my brother and it was such a delightful watch! The characters are so-well done, the humour is great, and the whole storyline is so well-crafted. My favourite character is Zuko!! I am in love with him!! Even though I didn’t like him at first, his redemption arc is SO well done. And uncle iroh!! And of course I love the gang as well (sokka…is amazing!! And suki!! They are my fave ship out of the whole show) Anyways I could talk forever about ATLA but I will spare you.
- I also started watching Dark which is a german show but I haven’t got far into it yet (I have watched one episode)
- It was my birthday on June 10th! My sister made cheesecake which was great but I didn’t really do much to celebrate. I turned 16 though which was wild!!
- I looked back to see if I had done any writing…and no all i have written is self-indulgent scenes for my WIP that won’t even make sense in my draft…I did write a weird monologue thing and one poem but apart from that…I have not been writing a lot.
- I’ve been baking cookies and making edits but what else is new?
- For music I haven’t discovered much more new music but have been listening to lots of Taylor Swift as usual!
- I’ve been also having a crisis about sixth form but I won’t be going into that :))))
- -start doing prep for Sixth Form ❌❌ – if this means stressing unhealthily about it…then yeah
- -make pic crews for your characters ✅
- -get back into coding!! I love it so much and i promised myself i’d do it when I had free time :(( ✅ – i mean kinda did some but I would like to spend more time on it
- -read 12 books at least (and make time for reading everyday, no matter how little)❌❌❌ – reading slump said HELLO
- -write at least 3 more new scenes for your WIP ❌ – i wrote random scenes but they’re not actually FOR my WIP 😦
- -watch 5 new movies on your list (or start a series)✅ – i didn’t do the movie thing but I started and finish watching ATLA
- -drink one bottle of water a day (at least) ✅ – I’m not sure if I did this EVERYDAY but I think I did drink water!
- -post at least 3 times ✅ I posted 4 times!!
- -catch up on goodreads reviews ✅ i haven’t reviewed a book “properly” in a while but i’ve written down my thoughts for a lot of books
- -request 2 ARCs (netgalley or physical) ✅ i requested uprooted and another book physically but have heard nothing back 😦 i can only hope!
🌻GOALS FOR JULY🌻
- -read 10 books (and make at LEAST 3 be on your non-ya TBR)
- -continue watching dark and watch one other movie/start one other series
- -drink a waterbottle everyday
- -start doing a chloe ting work out everyday!
- -try out yoga
- -do the reading rush! (follow me on twitter if you want to see my TBR for the reading rush!)
- -complete sf work in preparation
Have you watched Avatar The Last Airbender (you should!!) What was your favourite read of June? What are your plans for July? Let me know!
MY BLOGIVERSARY IS COMING UP SOON! I want to do a Q&A to celebrate so I’d appreciate if you fill out this form