Can we just Appreciate the Amazing Alliteration up there?
Thanks! AND OF COURSE, I AM A WRITER. I write. Like um..words and stuff. And i like stationery. So there. MY TWITTER BIO is words. See proof. So hello, i’m starting a mini writing series called ‘IN AND INKSHELL’ which is basically a writerly update thing. Smol shootout to May @ Forever and Everly because she is an amazing bean and gave me the inspiration (and permission) to do this little series!MOVING ON..
.Ink and Inkshell IN AN INKSHELL is where I tell you all about my fantastic writerly projects and discuss how writing is killing me. i also flail around like a penguin and eat ice cream but i always do that, to be honest. Whilst i write this post, i intend for you to enjoy all my writely evil plans and be minions because I’m taking over the world. I mean I’ve already conquered the land of ice cream, so this is no biggie. But people are stubborn bunnies and don’t accept me as queen? What is this life?
Anyways I’m getting off-track here (choo choo) I’ve been doing lots of writerly things and I thought I’d tell you about them. The only negative thing that is coming out of this is
that you will be bored I have fewer things to talk about in my monthly recap which is quite sad because I like smashing and squeezing and OKAY making everything a sandwich
A COLLABORATIVE BOOK
Okay so you’ve seen me talking about this quite a bit but I haven’t fully given you the details. If you haven’t guessed, I’m writing a book with Sasha @ The Stylish Dreamer! *hands out ice cream *signs your autographs* *poses for camera* I KNOW. It is literally so exciting!
It’s a sci-fi and fantasy smushed with a few stabby stars and death. Sounds awesome right? Now I don’t want to give too much away because Sasha and I are still working on a few tidbits so I don’t want to giveaway false information. It’d be like saying I have free ice cream and then just giving you a chocolate bar instead. But that would actually be okay. So I’ll just write a quick list of what we’re planning so far and what
we’ve I’ve done!
- We have a brief outline! Y.A.Y! It’s very very brief. It barely scrapes 1k and that’s including the character profiles. Basically, it is NOT an outline but just a sketch what is going to happen in the story. I want the actual outline to be about 6k words. This might seem very little to you but…I’ve never had experience with an outline before! And I don’t want to get into the nitty gritty details of everything the character is going to say and do and whats happening in the background and how they fiddle with their thumbs. I just want to know what the heck I’m doing with this.
- It’s about a girl who can’t feel. But she likes the stars. It seems a little cliche to me because who doesn’t love the stars? But that’s her only emotion and it’s a secret and she hates that likes the stars because she likes killing and being a weapon.
- There are other human weapons like her named after the alphabet. So 26 to be exact. Her name is ‘Jay’ what letter could that be based on I wonder?
- We’re throwing the idea of calling it ‘A Million Stars To Breathe’ and other ideas for character names. It’s not decided yet so we’ll see I guess.
- I’ve written 3k words. Even though we haven’t even finished planning or started properly outlining, I went ahead and wrote a bit of the beginning to get a feel of the story.
He likes the sky
She likes the stars
Okay, so that got a little bit long! But that’s what Sasha and I have been up to. Sahsa is an amazing writer partner and we’ve been having so much fun! (even though she’s been busy with school but shh…)
And I have a plot bunny!!!
A few weeks ago this plot bunny just invaded my mind and I just LOVE IT. It’s a mix of They Both Die At The End and The Giver. I actually haven’t read either of these but I’ve watched The Giver movie and read enough reviews I basically have read the former oooh posh. shut up me And it just came to me and I really like it! But have no idea if i should continue with it??? BECAUSE IT’s SO UNORIGINAL yet I have really nice tweaks I’m adding and I JUST WANT TO WRITE. Like I had a dream the other day I had finished half of this book and I CAN’T DESCRIBE THIS AMAZING FEELING TO YOU. And now I just want to write it.
It’s dystopian mixed with contemporary with a little bit of sci-fi and okay, I need to nap now.
- I have no idea what to call it. HALP.
- I’ve written like some scenes of it randomly and it’s super fun
- I’ve got character profiles and we have smol precious characters and one of them reminds me of Jesper from Six Of Crows.
- I suck at writing romance
- I JUST WANT TO WRITE THIS BOOK and skip all the planning stuff, you know?
- it’s about people who are after lives are chosen
- their death dates are scheduled
- okay i got nothing bye
MY PRECIOUS CHARACTERS
- Fred who is this smol bean who likes solving mysteries and is really nice. He got abused when he was younger and now just wants to help everyone out and PLEASE EVERYONE around him.
- Kayt who spells her name weirdly who is a little like Lila from ADSOM but way different. She likes adventure and killing and stabby and she is better than all boys in existence. kthanxbye
- Jantern who is a lantern and reminds me of Jesper for some reason? they’re not even that similar. He likes to read and he’s this little honest bean who is scared of getting attached to people and making promises. NOTHING LIKE JESPER? WUT.
- Dice (who’s making these names???) who is like this loud bubbly guy who does not like waiting and plans. basically, he likes jokes and getting things done and stuff school.
And look I know these are weird names but I NAMED MY CHARACTERS OKAY *looms over you* *realises I am short*. OKAY???? I don’t care that Kayt’s name is spelt weirdly.
SNIPPETS FROM WIP
KAYT BEING AMAZING
OOOH JANTERN HAS SECRET
SANDWICH OF OTHER EXCITING STUFF
I’m participating in the Scribbler’s Challenge. It’s hosted by May @ Forever and Everly (LOOK AT ALL THIS MAY APPRECIATION!!!!!!!!! HER BLOG IS FABULOUS. SHE IS MANGO QUEEN.) and it’s so much fun! It’s like this cool feedback thingy and I am in love with it. I’m partnered up with Jasmine (who is also fabulous) and we are giving feedback and responding to these FUN and AMAZING prompts and all the flailing! I really like the prompts but I suck at writing!
The snippets are NOT SCARY but I am scared of sharing the snippets? UNDERSTAND? No, okay go eat some ice cream. It will help your brain.
SNIPPETS FROM SCRIBBLER RESPONSES
GHOSTS & SELF ACCEPTANCE
I finished a writing journal. I have multiple journals
- my diary journal (thoughts, feelings, what is happening in my boring life, ruling a kingdom)
- my bullet journal (which is currently dead. R.I.P)
- and my writing journal –>
where I write for FUN and before bed I write random poems and weird snippets of weird things and it’s just a collection of my RANDOM writing thoughts. I finished it because I wrote so much and now I have to use one of my precious notebooks *cries* So, yeah ACHIEVEMENT.
SNIPPETS FROM WRITING JOURNAL
Yes, I had to type these up because my journal is on paper. This was long. Ugh. Some of my writing stuff is personal so I couldn’t share it. *wipes tears*
MIND PRISONS #genius
Yeah idk what is up with that ugly font. okay. don’t ask.
Do you like sandwiches? What did you think of my snippets? Are you appreciating May and Alliteration?Do you ever just want to skip planning and just WRITE? What plot bunnies are you working on? Tell me about your writerly life!